Friday, June 15, 2007

Practicing Prophesy

So, uh, I just got the weirdest email. I do a fair bit of video commentary on YouTube. It only takes a few minutes to do and, as my offline friends will certainly attest, I like the sound of my own voice. So, I commented on something and this fella and I were going back and forth about god and free will, pretty boilerplate stuff, when the guy said that he believed in god because of the miracles he'd seen. He specifically said he's seen someone's legs healed instantly (which is very close to healing an amputee) and he had personally spoken to god. Well, I got out of the discussion because it's one of those things that put me in the position of either saying, "Dood, you're a complete fucking liar fruitcake or insane" or shutting up, so I shut up.

Well, I just got an email from this person. He has invited me into an IRC room where they practice prophesy. Where they practice prophesy!

I just wish I'd gotten this before I started to write Simon Peter! Curse this bad timing! Still, I'm absolutely fascinated at the idea of this IRC channel of prophesy. Utterly fascinated. So, hey, y'all will get to see me post on it ere long.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's just creepy. I was around that stuff in real life, the thought makes me *shudder*

I wonder how a person speaks in tongues in a chat room?

Let us know what you find out. :)

(if we ever see you again, that is)

Unknown said...

I'm pretty tough. I'm not scared of no Internet prophesy speakin' guys! :)

Anonymous said...

oooh This sounds promising :D