Thursday, November 13, 2008

In Russia, they steal CHURCHES

I can't make this stuff up. Apparently, thieves in Russia are hitting rural churches, stealing them. The whole damn thing. The churches have valuable icons that can be sold, and the building materials apparently are worth enough for the thieves to dismantle whole buildings.

I'm not sure what I feel about this. I mean, on one hand, it is thievery. On the other hand, it's so funny that whole churches are being stolen and I have trouble feeling sympathy for the Russian Orthodox Church - another reactionary religious organization that does nothing but impede human progress.

Funny stuff, though.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. This one is interesting.

Unknown said...

Sergio,

Well, obviously, I thought so. ;) I suppose it isn't too strange, really. The churches contain valuable antiques and robust building materials. It's just a funny image to me.

Anonymous said...

Stealing churches... How sacrilegious!
I'm surprised God lets them get away with it.
God must be dead in Russia.