Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Tagged by a Meme!

My first blog meme tagging! Yay! It's a little late, and my blog will be a little slow, because I'm on vacation right now -- were I a better blogger, I'd've told folks that BEFORE the vacation, hehe, but better late than never, right?

Anyway, vjack at Atheist Revolution has tagged me with a meme! As I said, it is my first, and I am excited. This is how it works:

1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.


My 8 random facts/habits:

1. I am a terrible geek for role-playing games. It's my oldest hobby and I still do it very regularly.
2. I suffer from seasonal affective disorder. When I was in Maine, I'd get very depressed for weeks at a time. In California I am much, much better.
3. When I was a wee little lad, I wanted to be a monk. Specifically, a devil's advocate. Satan's lawyer. Can it get cooler than that?
4. I haven't seen anyone in my family going on ten years. No one at all. I haven't see anyone on my father's side of the family for going on twenty-five years.
5. The first story I ever wrote I wrote when I was ten years old. It was about a giant bio-technology robot invading Australia.
6. I stopped writing from around ages 11 to 14 because my mother read one of my stories without my permission and then told me that it was "too vulgar". It was a crude attempt to write political horror, with a Nixon-esque protagonist. I'd just learned that Nixon swore like a sailor on his White House tapes so I was trying to buff up the realism by including natural language in my stories. Certainly if a President could swear, so could I, at least in stories. I was too young to effectively communicate this to my mom, and was so horrified that the first thing of mine she didn't like because I'd tried to be "experimental" that I was scared, literally scared, to write for several years afterwards.
7. Today, my writing is a veritable non-stop stream of vulgarity, so obviously it didn't really stick too well.
8. I detest almost all holidays, especially Christmas. I feel that holidays are intimidation to be happy and cheerful, no matter what you might or might not be feeling, and I think that's a form of psychological cruelty for society to dictate a season of happiness that a person might not feel. I hate Christmas in particular due to it's unusually intrusive nature. I tell people not to get me gifts, but every year at least ONE PERSON will feel obligated to ignore my clearly stated desire and give me something. I have to struggle not to tell them to fuck off and listen to me when I fucking say something! Let it be known, again, I hate Christmas. I hate the forced jovality of it, the compulsion to be happy, and the yearly ritual arrogance of people who can't seem to let me alone.

And then I have to tag eight people! Why eight? It's a rule. They are:

1. Biblioblography
2. Beep! Beep! It's Me!
3. A Night on the Tiles
4. A Whore in the Temple of Reason
5. Seeking a Little Truth
6. Parenthetical Remarks
7. The Honest Doubter
8. Sabotabby

1 comment:

Reason's Whore said...

Thanks for the tag, I had fun. Even though I weenied out from tagging anyone else.

I stopped writing after my mom read one of my early stories, too. Isn't it kind of sad how much influence a casual comment by a parent can have on a child?